- Aegean Cat [Full Breed Guide for This Rare Greek Beauty]
- American Curl: Personality, Orgins, Care, Photos, & Much More
- American Shorthair: Complete Guide to the All-American Cat [Care & More]
- Arabian Mau Cat Breed [Full Guide: History, Nutrition, Care, and More]
- Bambino Cat: A Miniature Hairless Breed You Must Meet [FAQ Guide]
- Bengal Cat Breed 101: Your Comprehensive Guide
- Birman Cat Breed Guide: The Beautiful, Fluffy & Friendly Feline You Need
- Bombay Cat: The Mini Panther (Fact List & Care Guide)
- British Shorthair Cat Breed [The Comprehensive Owner’s Guide]
- Cornish Rex Cat Breed: History, Temperament, & Care [Full Guide]
- Devon Rex Cat: A Playful Feline With Unique Looks & Charm
- Dwelf Cat Breed: The Small, Bald, & Beautiful Feline Guide
- Exotic Shorthair Cat Breed [Complete Guide & Information]
- Japanese Bobtail Cat: The Essential Guide to This Royal Breed
- Kurilian Bobtail: Important Traits, Nutrition, & Care Tips [UPDATED 2021]
- Large Cat Breeds: The 10 Biggest Felines in the World
- Longest Living Cat Breeds: A Guide to Felines with Nine Lives
- Maine Coon Cat: The Fluffy, Large & Lovable Feline Guide
- Manx Cat Breed: A Tell-All About a Tail-Free Feline
- Most Expensive Cat Breeds in the World: Top 8 Costly Cats ?
- Munchkin Cat Breed [Full Guide]
- Nebelung Cat: A Bold & Beautiful Feline You WON’T Forget
- Norwegian Forest Cat: A Deeper Understanding of the Folk Tale Legend
- Ocicat Cat Breed Guide: A Wild Looking, Tame & Sociable Feline
- Oriental Shorthair Cat Breed [Full Breed Guide & History]
- Peterbald Cat: The Bald & Beautiful Breed [Complete Guide]
- Pixie-Bob Cat Breed: Personality, History, FAQ, Photos, & More
- Ragamuffin Cat: The Fluffiest & Friendliest Feline [Complete Guide]
- Ragdoll Cat: The #1 Furry & Floppy Breed Guide
- Savannah Cat Breed [The Ultimate Feline Guide]
- Scottish Fold: The Floppy Eared Feline Fact List
- Singapura Cat Breed: 10 Large Facts About the Tiniest Cats
- Snowshoe Cat: 14 Must-Know Facts About This Charming Breed
- Somali Cat: Personality, History, and Care [Ultimate Feline Guide]
- Sphynx Cat Breed: An Owner’s Guide To The Furless Phenom
- Tonkinese Cat: The Ultimate Guide for the Most Playful Feline
- Toyger Cat 101: Understanding Your “Toy Tiger”
- Turkish Van Cat Guide: The Feisty Feline That Loves To Swim!
- 5 Simple Tips to Stop Cats from Scratching Furniture
- 8 Ways To Give Your Cat CBD Oil [Tips & Tricks]
- Best Cat Toys: How To Boost Stimulation & Activity
- Best CBD Oil For Cats: Give Your Feline the Finest CBD
- Can Cats Get High off CBD, Hemp, or Marijuana? Avoid a Vet Trip With This Guide
- Cat Dental Care: The Complete Oral Hygiene Guide for Felines
- Cat Exercise: Different Ways to Play With Your Cat
- Cat Joint Care: Helpful Tips to Promote Healthy Joints & Ease Tension
- Cat Losing Weight? Find Out Why & What You Can Do
- Cat Skin Conditions: 5 Common Issues & Helpful Home Remedies
- Catnip: Top Uses & Benefits You Need to KNOW
- Declawing Cats: Is it Worth it? Experts Review
- Do Cats Fart? YES! Here Are the Best Home Remedies
- Do Cats Get Lonely? Yes, Learn To Keep A Lonely Cat Occupied & Happy
- Does CBD Oil Need to Be Refrigerated? The Truth Benefits Cold Storage
- How Long Can a Cat Go Without Eating? Feline Feeding Tips [Inside]
- How Long Can You Leave Your Cat Alone? [Not as Long as You Think]
- How to Bathe a Cat: 6 Tips for a Safe, Scratch-Free Bath
- How to Clip a Cat’s Nails: 8 Easy Steps for a Stress-Free Manicure
- How To Introduce a Cat to a Dog: Tips To Prevent Any Tense Situations
- How to Introduce Cats: Successful Methods & What Not to Do
- How to Tell if a Cat is in Pain: Tips for Concerned Owners
- How to Travel with a Cat on a Plane: 12 Simple Tips for Stress Free Travels
- How to Travel With a Cat: 8 Ways to Keep Cats Calm While Traveling
- Hypoallergenic Cats [Non Shedding Breeds & Low Shedding Breeds]
- Is It Cruel To Keep a Cat Indoors or Are They Better off Outside?
- Is My Cat Depressed? [Subtle Signs & Prevention Tips]
- Moving With a Cat: 10 Tips to Relocate with Less Stress
- Separation Anxiety in Cats: The Signs and Symptoms to Look Out For
- What Can I Give My Cat For Pain Relief?
- Why Do Cats Hiss? [6 Reasons For The Bad Cattitude]
- Why Do Cats Like Boxes? Find Out The Top 4 Answers HERE!
- Why Do Cats Like Catnip? #1 REASON Why Cats Can’t Resist
- Why Do Cats Purr? Is It a Good Sign Or Should I Be Worried?
- Why Does My Cat Follow Me Everywhere? [Top 5 Reasons & Prevention Tips]
- Why Does My Cat Have Diarrhea & How Can I Prevent It?
- Why Is My Cat Coughing? [Identifying Causes & When to Be Concerned]
- Why Is My Cat Drooling? [Normal vs Excessive Drool]
- Why Is My Cat Growling? How To Calm Them & When To Seek Help
- Why Is My Cat Losing Hair? [Hair Loss vs Shedding]
- Why Is My Cat Not Eating? 8 Concerning Reasons Revealed!
- Why Is My Cat Panting? See What It Means & Learn What To Do
- Why Is My Cat Sneezing? [Normal vs Problematic]
- Why Is My Cat Throwing Up & How Do I Stop It? Find Out NOW!
- Why is My Cat Yowling? Understand Your Cat Right Meow!
- Can Cats Drink Milk? No! Try These Feline Friendly Milk Substitutes
- Can Cats Eat Dog Food? [Once vs. Often]
- Cat Food Ingredients [Distinguishing Quality]
- Is There a Natural Cat Appetite Stimulant? [And Does It Work?]
- Omega 3 for Cats ? 4 Ways To Give Your Feline This Essential Nutrient
- Salmon Oil For Cats: Utilizing The Benefits Of Omega Fatty Acids
- Wet vs Dry Cat Food – Why it Matters & What to Look For
- Affenpinscher Dog Breed Temperament & Personality [Full Guide 2021]
- Afghan Hound Dog Breed: Personality and Care [2021 Guide]
- American Akita Dog Breed Temperament & Personality [Owners Guide]
- American Bulldog Breed: Complete Temperament & Personality Guide
- Australian Shepherd Dog Breed Temperament & Personality [Full Guide]
- Australian Terrier: Temperament, History, Care, & More
- Basset Hound Dog Breed: Complete Temperament & Personality Guide
- Best Service Dog Breeds for Anxiety
- Border Collie: Complete Temperament & Personality Guide
- Bouvier des Flandres: Complete Breed Information [Pictures & More!]
- Boxer Dog Breed Temperament & Personality [Full Guide]
- Brussels Griffon: #1 Dog Breed Temperament & Personality Guide
- Bullmastiff Dog Breed: Big Facts About One of the Largest Canines
- Cairn Terrier Dog Breed [#1 Source] Temperament & Personality Guide
- Chihuahua Dog Breed Temperament & Personality [Full Guide]
- Chinese Crested Dog: A Bizarre Beauty [Complete Breed Information]
- Dutch Shepherd Dog Breed Guide: Rare, Talented, and Loyal
- English Pointer: Guide to the Top Game Hunter [Personality, Care, & More]
- German Spitz Dog Breed Temperament, Personality, & FAQ Guide
- Golden Retriever Dog Breed Temperament & Personality [Full Guide]
- Greyhound Dog Breed: #1 Temperament & Personality Guide ?
- Italian Greyhound Dog Breed Temperament & Personality [Full Guide]
- Japanese Chin: Top Dog Breed Temperament & Personality Guide
- Kuvasz Dog: Temperament, Care, History & More
- Lakeland Terrier: The English Explorer You Must Meet [Breed Guide]
- Large Dog Breeds [You’ll Never Guess Which One’s Biggest!]
- Lhasa Apso: Dog Breed Temperament, Personality, & FAQ Guide
- Maltese Dog Breed Temperament & Personality: The Majestic Canine Guide
- Miniature Pinscher Dog Breed Temperament & Personality [Full Guide]
- Most Expensive Dog Breeds: The Top 10 Priciest Pups
- Neapolitan Mastiff: A Guide to The Large & Lovable Dog Breed
- Norfolk Terrier Dog Breed Temperament, Care, & Personality Guide
- Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever: The Complete Owner’s Guide
- Papillon: Your Guide the Pup of Royalty [Temperament, Care, & More]
- Pomeranian Dog Breed Personality & Temperament [Full Guide]
- Pug Dog Breed Temperament & Personality [Full Guide]
- Rat Terrier Dog Breed Temperament & Personality [Full Guide]
- Rottweiler Dog Breed Temperament & Personality: The Ultimate Guard Dog Guide
- Small Dog Breeds 101: An Enormous Guide About Bite Sized Pups
- Swedish Vallhund Dog Breed [Nutrition, Exercise, History, and MORE]
- Welsh Terrier Dog Breed: Temperament, Personality, & FAQs Explained
- What Is the Healthiest Dog Breed? [Top 12 List]
- Best Dog Shampoo For Sensitive Skin: 4 K9-Approved Suds We Love!
- Best Dog Shampoo for Shedding: Reduce Heavy Shedding FAST
- Best Natural Pet Products & Gifts For Dog Lovers
- Can Dogs Get High From CBD? Potential Side Effects of CBD for Dogs
- Can Humans Take Pet CBD Oil?
- Can I Give My Dog Human CBD Oil? [Know The Difference]
- Do Dogs Cry? YES, But Not Like Humans. Find Out Why Here!
- Do Dogs Grieve? How to Help Your Pet Cope With a Loss
- Dog Hiding: Why They Do It and When to Be Concerned
- Dog Joint Health: 10 Tips to Promote Joint Mobility & Ease Tension
- Dog Shampoo for Dry Skin: Help Your Pet Find Peace With These Tips
- Dog Skin Care: Why It’s Important and What You Can Do
- Dog Won’t Sleep at Night? Here’s What You Need to Do NOW
- Endocannabinoid System In Dogs & Cats Explained
- Expert Tips for Ensuring Your Dog Walks Are Trouble-Free
- Find CBD Dog Treats Near Me [The Complete Guide]
- Find Pet CBD Near Me – 2021 – Quality CBD for Dogs, Cats & Horses
- Hemp for Dogs – Everything You Need to Know
- Hemp Oil vs CBD Oil for Dogs: See Which One Works Best!
- How Long Can a Dog Go Without Eating? When to Step in & What to Do
- How Much Exercise Does a Dog Need Every Day? [All Breeds & Ages]
- How To Bathe a Dog: A Step-by-Step Guide For Responsible Owners
- How to Calm a Hyper Dog [5 Natural & Effective Methods]
- How to Calm an Over Excited Dog NOW Using These 7 Simple Techniques
- How to Get a Dog to Drink Water: 5 Simple Tips to Help Hydrate Your Pup
- How to Get a Dog to Take a Pill Without the Hassle
- How to Get Dog Hair Out of Carpet: 5 Life Changing Hacks
- How To Give Your Dog CBD Oil [Picky Eater Edition]
- How to Help a Dog With Separation Anxiety
- How to Socialize a Dog No Matter the Age, Breed, or Aggression Level
- How to Socialize a Nervous Dog: 10 Easy Tips to Train a Confident Canine
- How to Socialize a Puppy: 10 Safe & Simple Tips for New Owners
- How to Socialize an Aggressive Dog: #1 Guide with Proven Tips and Tricks
- How to Stop Dog Barking When Left Alone [CBD Can Help]
- Introducing Dogs: 9 Proven Methods That Work With All Breeds
- Is Catnip Bad for Dogs? [The Answer May Surprise You!]
- Is My Dog Depressed? How to Easily Identify & Cheer Up A Sad Dog
- Is My Dog Having a Heat Stroke? [4 Revealing Signs]
- Melatonin for Dogs [More Than Just a Sleep Aid!]
- Mental Stimulation For Dogs: Why It’s Important & Best Activities Explained
- Natural Supplements for Dogs [Top 10 for Joint Care, Digestion, and More]
- Potential Side Effects of CBD for Dogs and Cats
- Scared Dog: How to Easily Identify & Calm Any Nervous Canine
- Shiny Dog Coat: The Best Tips To Achieve Gorgeous, Healthy Fur
- Socializing an Older Dog [What to Do and Common Mistakes to Avoid]
- The Best Hypoallergenic Dogs for People with Allergies
- Using CBD Oil For Dog Seizures [What You Should Know]
- What Can I Give My Dog for Fireworks Anxiety?
- What to Expect After Dog Teeth Cleaning [Costs & Aftercare Explained]
- Why Do Dogs Eat Grass? Normal vs Obsessive Behavior [Prevention Tips]
- Why Does My Dog Follow Me Everywhere? [Reasons & Training Tips]
- Why is My Dog Growling? See What’s Playful & What’s Aggressive
- Why is My Dog Limping? [Evaluation Guide]
- Why Is My Dog Not Eating? [How To Help]
- Why Is My Dog Panting? [Possible Reasons]
- Why Is My Dog Shaking? [When to Be Concerned]
- Why is My Dog Sneezing and When Should I Be Concerned?
- Why Is My Dog So Itchy? Top 8 Reasons for Compulsive Itching
- Why Is My Dog Wheezing and What Can I Do to Help?
- Can Dogs Eat Apples? Benefits and Risks Explained
- Can Dogs Eat Cinnamon? Yes, See How It Can Benefit Them Here
- Can Dogs Eat Peanut Butter? Yes, But You Need to Avoid THIS Ingredient
- Can Dogs Eat Pumpkin? Yes, But You NEED to Read This First!
- Can Dogs Eat Sweet Potato? Yes, But It Can’t Be Raw [Here’s Why]
- Can Dogs Eat Watermelon? Yes, But Take These Precautions First!
- CBD Dog Treat Recipe: Simple DIY Step-by-Step Guide
- Cosequin for Dogs 101 [Supplement Guide]
- Good & Bad Dog Food Ingredients: Knowing is Caring
- Healthy Dog Treats: The Best & Worst Ingredients To Look For
- How to Get a Dog to Gain Weight in 6 Safe and Easy Steps
- Is Cat Food Bad for Dogs? [Safe to Eat?]
- L-Theanine for Dogs [Supplement Guide]
- Omega 3 For Dogs: “Good” vs. “Bad” Fat EXPLAINED
- Organic Dog Food vs Non-Organic [In Depth Comparison]
- The 5 Best Superfoods For Your Dog’s Diet
- The Impressive Power of Boswellia for Dogs [It Might Help Your Dog]
- The Surprising Benefits of Chamomile for Dogs [Supplement Guide]
- Turmeric for Dogs: Benefits Explained – Vet Approved Supplement Guide
- Why Blueberries Are Extremely Important for Dogs
- Why Flaxseed Is Extremely Important for Dogs [Detailed Nutrition Guide]
Home Remedies For Cats
- 4 Helpful Remedies: How to Naturally Stop Cat Diarrhea
- Best Home Remedies for Your Cat’s Itchy Skin [Step by Step]
- Cat Constipation: Common Signs, Remedies & Prevention Tips
- Cat Dandruff: Identifying The Causes & Best Treatment Solutions
- Cat Ear Infection Home Remedies [Real Results]
- Cat Eye Infection Home Remedies [6 Easy & Simple Solutions]
- Cat Hairball Home Remedies [Top 12 Tips]
- Cat Stress: Warning Signs & Easy Remedies Revealed
- CBD For Cat Anxiety – How To Calm With Cannabidiol
- Dog Bladder Infection Home Remedy List
- Home Remedies for Cat Scabs: 7 Easy Methods You Can Do Yourself
- Home Remedies for Dry Skin on Cats [Effective Results]
- Home Remedies for Fleas on Cats [Helpful Tips Inside!]
- Home Treatment for Cat Hair Loss [Top 4 Effective Methods]
- How to Boost Your Cat’s Immune System [Start Today]
- How to Calm an Aggressive Cat [8 Easy Tips]
- Scared Cat: 4 Simple Ways To Comfort Any Frightened Feline
- The Best Home Remedies for Ear Mites in Cats [Easy Tips]
- The Best Home Remedies for Mange in Cats [6 Effective Methods]
- What is the Best Home Remedy for Bad Breath in Cats?
- What’s The Best Holistic Treatment For Triaditis in Cats?
Home Remedies For Dogs
- Best Home Remedies for Dog Mange [Full Treatment Guide]
- CBD Oil & Galliprant For Dogs With Arthritis
- CBD Oil and Phenobarbital for Dog Seizures Explained
- Cure Your Dog’s Itchy Paws With Natural Remedies
- Dog Aggression – How To Calm with Cannabidiol
- Dog Bad Breath Home Remedies [The Guide to Fresh Breath]
- Dog Bloated Stomach Home Remedies [Tips & Prevention Guide]
- Dog Dandruff: What Causes It and How to Stop It NOW!
- Dog Diarrhea Home Remedies [Best Tips for Prevention]
- Dog Eye Discharge Home Remedies [Home Care Guide]
- Dog Hair Loss Home Remedies [The Complete Guide]
- Dog Hot Spot Home Remedy: 9 Easy Remedies & Treatments
- Dog Immune System Booster [Natural Remedies]
- Dog Ringworm Treatment Home Remedies [Easy Tips Inside!]
- Dog Shedding: How to Stop it & Keep the “Fur” Out of Furniture
- Dog Social Anxiety: How to End Social Phobias for Good
- Dog Staph Infection Home Remedies [Actionable Tips]
- Home Remedies For Dog Constipation
- Home Remedies for Fleas on Dogs [Proven Methods]
- Home Remedies for Spider Bite on Dogs
- Home Remedies for Tooth Decay in Dogs [Actionable Tips]
- Home Remedy for Dog Ear Infection: 6 Best Soothing Solutions
- How to Stop a Dog From Chewing Everything You Own! 5 Easy Solutions
- How to Treat Dog Dermatitis at Home: Vet Approved Remedies
- Nervous Dog – Natural Calming Remedies
- The Best Dog Itchy Skin Home Remedy – Full List
- The Best Dog Yeast Infection Home Remedy Guide [Safe & Effective]
- The Best Home Remedy for Your Dog’s Ear Mites [Olive Oil & More!]
- The Best Natural Dog Hives Remedies [Vet Approved Remedy Guide]
- What Can I Put on My Dog For Dry Skin? 6 Powerful Hydrating Solutions
- Akhal-Teke: Complete Breed Profile [Facts & More]
- American Paint Horse Breed Guide [Top Equestrian Tips!]
- American Quarter Horse: Racehorse of the U.S. [Breed Information]
- American Saddlebred: The Historic & Nationally Iconic Breed
- Andalusian Horse Breed Guide [The Best Dressage Horse in the World?]
- Appaloosa Horse Breed: The Beautiful, Intelligent & Lovable Equine
- Arabian Horse: Complete Breed Guide [Temperament, Care, & More]
- Brabant Horse: The Ultimate Guide to the Most Popular Draft Horse
- Clydesdale Horse: History, Care, Facts, Photos, & More
- Falabella Horse: The Pint-Sized Pet! [Personality, FAQs, & More]
- Friesian Horse: Facts, Care, History, and MORE
- Gypsy Vanner Horse: 12 Revealing Facts About This Mystical Breed
- Haflinger Horse: Full Breed Profile [History, Temperament, & Pics]
- Icelandic Horse: The Pure and Powerful Viking Steed
- Marwari Horse: The Pride of India [Full Profile]
- Miniature Horse: The Small Horse With Big Personality
- Missouri Fox Trotter Horse Breed [Personality, Care & Facts]
- Morgan Horse: The Ultimate Guide to an Iconic Breed
- Mustang Horse: Icon of the American Wild West [Ultimate Breed Guide]
- Shire Horse Breed: A Workhorse Favored By Royalty
- Standardbred Horse Breed: The Competitive Horse Guide
- Suffolk Punch Horse: The Ultimate Draft Breed Guide
- Tennessee Walking Horse: A Modern Study of the All-American Walker
- Trakehner Horse: Full Breed Profile [Personality, Photos, & FAQ]
- Best Home Remedies for Horse Colic [Full List]
- Depressed Horse: 5 Easy Tips to Fight and Prevent Equine Depression
- How Do Horses Sleep? The Truth About Equine Sleep Habits
- MSM For Horses [Benefits, Dosages, & Feeding Suggestions]
- Scared Horse: A Simple Guide to Reduce Equine Fears & Phobias
- Taming an Aggressive Horse [Symptoms & Calming Remedies]
- What Do Horses Eat? Top Feeding Guide for Healthy Horses
- Why Do Horses Need Shoes? Exploring the Pros & Cons of Horseshoes
You love your cat and you’re always spoiling them. But you are always looking for an excuse to do even more for your furry friend. That’s what cat holidays are for! There are cat holidays throughout the year that can help you celebrate and appreciate your four-legged family member even more!
Cat holidays range from serious awareness-raising events to silly and cute days to goof around with your cat. We have created a full guide on cat holiday to celebrate in 2021. And we’ve also included different ways you can celebrate each one! Get ready to pamper your cat.
Are There Holidays for Cats?
You love your cat and you want to celebrate them. Luckily there are tons of holidays dedicated to our feline friends this year!
There are about 58.4 million pet cats in the United States alone. And most households call about two cats family. With cats being such a big part of most people’s lives, it’s no surprise that there are holidays that help us celebrate our cats in various ways throughout the year.
How Many Cat Holidays Are There?
There are dozens of official and non-official holidays that revolve around cats. The holidays range from silly and fun to raising awareness about adoption, fixing, and senior cats. You’ll soon realize there’s a cat holiday for just about anything you can think of!
Cat Holidays – Why Do People Celebrate Cats?
Truthfully, it’s not THAT hard to see why people celebrate cats. They’re hilarious, playful, and strange. They also intrigue us with their intelligent, sneaky, and mysterious manners. Cats are our affectionate, compassionate best friends. Because felines are so central to our lives, it’s important that we celebrate them whenever we can!
Cats have been respected, revered, and adored for thousands of years. In fact, the domestication process started over 12,000 years ago. We are constantly discovering more about cats’ behavior and history.
Archeologists found a cat’s jawbone dating back 8,000 years. That discovery in 1983 proved that cats were already domesticated long before the 19th century. In 2004, a site in Cyprus revealed a cat buried with a human, showing that cats were not only domesticated almost 10,000 years ago but that they were beloved. Then in 2007, researchers discovered that cats were domesticated in the Near East over 12,000 years ago.
Over these thousands of years, cats have served us as dedicated hunters and mousers. On top of that, they’ve been royal companions and family pets. Cats are symbols of good luck, and their purring may even help us heal! Having a cat in the home could also lower our blood pressure. Yes — even the mischievous cats may be good for our health.
RELATED: WHY DO CATS PURR?
Important Cat Holidays
The list of cat holidays is ever-expanding. Breeders, organizations, and individuals are continually creating more days and months to raise awareness of these special pets. Most holidays have impactful meanings behind them, although some are just excuses to get more cat cuddles.
Jan. 2 – Happy Mew Year for Cats Day
New Years isn’t just about resolutions and wine, it’s also about our feline friends — and catnip. Cats are their most active at night, so why not play with your cat at midnight, like our New Year’s tradition? Make some resolutions with your cat, too! Vow to cuddle more often or maybe learn to trim their nails.
Jan. 22 – National Answer Your Cat’s Question Day
This holiday celebrates the ancient history of the domesticated cat, which dates back to 7500 BC. It’s time to learn more about your cat — and their questions! Every time your cat meows, give them a heartfelt response. This holiday helps you understand your cat better, who can sometimes be a mystery to new cat owners!
Feb. – National Cat Health Month
This is a month all about your cat’s health. It’s also known as Pet Dental Health Month. Schedule a vet appointment for your cat. It’s also time to take cat dental care seriously! Try giving your kitty some dental treats each day. This month is all about making sure your cat is healthy and happy.
Feb. 27 – World Spay Day
In Los Angeles County alone, there are about 3 million stray cats. When we don’t fix our cats, we create more unwanted kittens. Unfixed cats also face numerous health problems, some of them life-threatening. If you plan to adopt a cat, ensure that get them spayed or neutered.
March 3 – National If Pets Had Thumbs Day
Can you even imagine? If your cat had thumbs, what mischief would they get into? We’re thinking cabinets opened, canned food opened, doors opened, drawers opened… Basically, everything in your house would probably be open! But what else would your cat do? I know my cat would open a bag of treats and explore my closet.
March 28 – Respect Your Cat Day
Today is the perfect time to acknowledge everything your cat does for you. Cats are great for our happiness and health. Research suggests that purring can increase bone strength and stimulate bone fracture repair. Some experts believe it can also heal injured muscles and tendons. At 100 Hz, purring may even decrease pain! Time to snuggle with your kitty.
April – Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Month
Participate in this important cause by donating to the ASPCA and spreading the word on social media. The Humane Society estimates that about 1 million pets are abused or killed each year as a result of domestic violence. Another 250,000 animals fall victim to hoarders in the United States every year.
April 6 – National Siamese Cat Day
This is a day dedicated to Siamese kitties, one of the most popular breeds in the world. Even if you don’t own a Meezer yourself, you can still use this day to learn more about this quirky breed. Watch YouTube videos to hear just how loud Siamese cats are! You’ll also find out how smart, sneaky, and mischievous this cat is. If you own a Siamese, maybe do a photoshoot and share your favorite pics online!
April 25 – National Pet Parents Day
This holiday was founded by Veterinary Pet Insurance as a way to celebrate responsible pet parents. Spend some time with your cat today! Maybe bake them some cat treats to go above and beyond. It’s time to really prove what makes you a great cat parent!
April 30 – National Hairball Awareness Day
This day is all about your cat’s health, revolving around one very specific and common problem — hairballs. On this day, you can learn why cats have hairballs and how to prevent them. Your cat swallows loose hair when they clean themselves.
You can reduce the amount they swallow by brushing them daily. Regular grooming removes those loose hairs, which means fewer hairballs! There are also some effective hairball home remedies worth trying.
RELATED: CAT HAIRBALL REMEDIES
June – National Adopt a Shelter Cat Month
This month is all about finding your perfect feline companion at the local pound or shelter. The ASPCA and the American Humane Association dedicated this month to shelter awareness as they aim to inspire people to adopt instead of shop.
The biggest reason? There are too many cats in shelters. About 1.6 million cats are euthanized every year when they can’t find a home.
June 4 – National Hug Your Cat Day
Some cats love hugs and some try their hardest to avoid them. If your cat loves cuddles, definitely wrap them up in a big hug! Give them some extra pets and scratches too. If your cat doesn’t want to be picked up, make sure you still show them affection in other ways.
June 19 – International Box Day
This is a MAJOR holiday for cats! Boxes are very important for cats. They provide shelter and security, warmth, and even a place to play and scratch. Cardboard boxes make cats happier, reducing their stress and anxiety.
You should definitely give your cat various boxes to play and hide in. You can also try some creative projects if you’re up for it. Viral kitties Cole and Marmalade are known for their fun box videos, including a maze made of 50 boxes and even a pirate ship made of cardboard!
June 19 – National Garfield the Cat Day
This lasagna-loving feline hit the papers in 1976. Since then, cat lovers have been obsessed with this sassy character. Celebrate the day by giving your cat some special treats and reading Garfield comics. Share some photos of your cat on social media if they are orange, capturing their most grumpy expression!
June 21 – National Take Your Cat to Work Day
This is a super easy holiday to celebrate this year since most of us are working from home. Move the cat tree near your desk so your cat can hang out while you work. You can even put their cat bed on your desk if there’s room. Give them a fake laptop made of cardboard they can sit on — keeping your keyboard safe from their fluff.
July 10 – National Kitten Day
As if kittens didn’t already get enough attention! If you have a kitten, play with them, cuddle them, and give them some special goodies. Buy them a new toy. Your kitten is still probably learning which toys it likes to play with best. If you have an adult cat, share some kitten pictures online to create a fun before and after.
Aug. 8 – International Cat Day
We love cats, no matter where they are from! Today, take some time learning the origin of different breeds. You probably gathered that the Maine Coon is native to Maine, but did you know that Snowshoes were created in Philadelphia? The Bombay is from Mumbai, and the Munchkin cat originated in Louisiana. You’ll learn that many breeds have fascinating lore and mythology behind them, too.
Aug. 22 – National Take Your Cat to the Vet Day
Cats are good at hiding their pain and illnesses — that’s why it’s very important to bring our cats to the vet for annual checkups. We are responsible for their health and wellbeing. Take this day to schedule an appointment for your cat with a trusted vet.
Oct. 16 – Global Cat Day
This holiday is perfect for educating people on our best furry friends. Share some interesting cat facts on social media, letting people know some surprising information about the often misunderstood pet.
Oct. 27 – National Black Cat Day
Black cats need more love and respect! This cat has often been viewed as bad luck because of superstitions. Because of this, black cats are the least likely to be adopted in shelters, meaning they are left to be euthanized. But black cats are not bad luck! They are usually some of the friendliest and affectionate cats you’ll come across — and very photogenic!
Oct. 29 – National Cat Day!
How could we forget National Cat Day? This holiday began in 2005 by animal welfare advocate Collen Paige to simply celebrate the love and joy cats bring to our lives. Spend this day hanging out with your cat, spoiling them with treats and love.
Nov. – National Adopt a Senior Pet Month
Kittens get a lot of attention — they’re cute, small, playful, fluffy. But senior cats are often ignored at shelters despite all of the love they have to offer. The ASPCA proclaimed November as National Adopt a Senior Pet Month to raise awareness of these loving and wise elderly cats that need a home. Give them a comfortable and affectionate place to call their own.
Nov. 1 – National Cook For Your Pet Day
This is a fun one! From tasty breakfasts to healthy treats, making your own cat food allows you to meet your pet’s specific needs and preferences. Bake some nutritious snacks for your cat! It will be worth the effort when you hear them purring away as they chow down.
Here’s an easy one:
- 4 ounces of tuna (without salt)
- 1 egg (hard-boiled and chopped)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 bone meal tablets (crushed)
Mix all of these ingredients together and serve immediately. No baking necessary! You can store them in the refrigerator, just warm the treats slightly before serving them to your kitty.
Dec. 15 – National Cat Herders Day
This is a silly holiday based around the hilarious concept of “herding cats,” an idiom made popular by a Super Bowl ad in 2000. This phrase basically means something that’s hard to control (since you can only imagine how hard it would be to herd a group of cats). So what can you do on this day? Maybe just have a good laugh and play with your cat!
Your Cat’s Birthday
You’ll also want to celebrate your cat’s birthday! This is the day that your one-of-a-kind kitty came into this world. It can be tough to know exactly when your cat was born, but you can make an estimated guess. Kitten season is usually in the spring, so you can simply pick a spring month (April, May, June) and a lucky number!
Many people adopt their cats when they are about eight weeks old. So, you can count back eight weeks since you adopted your cat. Pick a date around that time and bake them a healthy tuna-flavored treat that day each year!
Some owners will also celebrate “Gotcha Day.” This is the day they adopted their cat, which avoids the confusion of figuring out your cat’s actual birthday altogether. This is a great way to celebrate the very moment your cat came into your life.
Whether you celebrate your cat’s true birthday or the day you picked them, share your adoption story on social media and shower your cat with affection and toys. This is a day to remember when you first made a special connection with your cat that made you excited to take them home!
Cat Holidays – What Month is Cat Month?
September is known as Happy Cat Month! This holiday was created by the CATalyst Council with the mission of promoting cats’ health and welfare. While we care about our cats and their health all year round, this month is a great way to show extra appreciation and care for our feline companions.
This can be celebrated in a variety of ways, including taking your cat to the vet, making sure you’re feeding them a proper diet, and finding new ways to exercise and play with your kitty. We have more specific ideas below if you’re still wondering how to plan for September!
Ways to Celebrate Cat Holidays
As you can see, there are MANY ways to acknowledge our cats and raise awareness for cats in need. Here are some specific ways you can celebrate every cat holiday on this list, no matter the time of year.
We can’t help but slip this one in — because we know your cat will thank you for it! Our CBD cat treats are not only delicious, but they help cats feel relaxed. They contain real salmon oil for a mighty flavor and a nourishing boost of omega fatty acids.
CBD is non-psychoactive, meaning it won’t get your cat high. Instead, it interacts with the receptors in their body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS), which helps maintain their well-being and mood.
You can also try some cat CBD oil. Drip some on their food each day to maintain a CBD routine. This will ensure your kitty regularly receives the benefits of this natural hemp extract. You’ll notice an improvement in your cat’s attitude, calmness, and discomfort.
This one’s a classic! Almost all cats love catnip, whether it makes them feel mellow and roll-happy or hyper and full of zoomies. Catnip is part of the mint family and is always safe for your cat to ingest, lick, and play around in.
Try some CBD catnip spray if you want to combine the benefits of CBD with the excitement of catnip. You can spray this product on their favorite toys and scratching posts without making a mess.
We all know how it goes — your cat always prefers elastics and balled-up paper over expensive products from the pet store. But holidays are a great excuse to splurge and see if you can finally find a toy that grabs your cat’s attention and keeps them stimulated. This is also a great excuse to play with them!
Make Your Own Treats
We discussed this a bit above, but we can’t help mentioning it again. Making treats is a fun way to give your cat something healthy, unique, and bursting with their favorite flavors. You can even slip in CBD oil or vitamins! Doing something a bit extra for your cat will definitely make the day feel special.
Cuddle With Your Cat
As if you needed an excuse! Spend some extra time hanging out with your cat, whether it’s cuddling under the covers or giving them a good petting session while they lounge on the couch.
Massage Your Cat
Find the spot your cat loves — maybe their head or chin — and give this area extra attention. You’ll notice some cats like gentle petting while others love scratching. Figure out exactly what your cats like and spend some time doing that very thing!
Learn More About Cats
Cats are often thought of as mysterious and independent. But they are actually very friendly and social! It’s important to read about cat behavior so you better understand how to relate to your own cat. This will ensure that you can interact with them successfully and meet their needs.
Volunteer at a Cat Shelter
Spend some time at a local cat shelter, giving the cats some love and taking care of them. This could be cleaning cages or scooping litter. It may not be glamorous, but it will have a huge impact on cats that don’t have a home just yet. They need that extra attention and help.
Adopt a Cat
If you are looking for a new furry friend or your cat needs a companion, look no further than a shelter. There are many kittens and adults (including seniors and black cats!) that need a place to call home. Adoption will save them from euthanasia and give them the love they need to be happy and healthy.
Get in the Spirit
Cats are adorable — and so are the products made in their honor. Buy a cute cat stuffed animal to keep on your bed. Or maybe get a cat-themed adult coloring book. There is also an endless supply of super cute cat trinkets that will brighten your mood whenever you see them. Wear some cat ears and paint some whiskers on, too!
Share Your Love
Let everyone know how much you love your cat by giving them a special shoutout on social media. Share your favorite pic of your cat. Show them as a kitten for a fun before and after. Or maybe share a fun story. Encourage others to share their cat pictures and stories, too!
Final Thoughts – Cat Holidays
CBD treats, catnip, massages — feline love galore! Cat holidays are all about appreciating your cat and showing them extra love. There are dozens of holidays throughout the year that give you an excuse to pamper your cat in various ways.
Cat holidays also have a very important meaning — they help raise awareness for homeless cats, shelter cats, elderly cats, fixing, and vet visits. Whether it’s adopting a senior cat or scheduling a vet visit for your furry friend, cat holidays remind us the importance of cats and all they do for us — and all we should be doing for them in return!