Your pet may very well one day suffer from an inflammatory condition like arthritis, bronchitis, colitis or tonsillitis to name a few. The best thing you can do is to be aware of the causes and stop the problem before it ever becomes a problem. Learn how to prevent this with our guide to pain and inflammation in pets.
1) What is Pain and Inflammation?
Inflammation is the immune response that occurs when the body is trying to heal itself from injury, infection and wounds. Blood flow increases to the effected areas which then causes those areas to turn red and become warm. Blood vessels leak fluid to the tissue surrounding the areas causing swelling and pressure. Without inflammation your pet’s injuries would never heal. With this swelling and increased pressure comes a price: pain. You can most always expect pain to stem from inflammation. This pain can be excruciating for your pet and last a long time if not treated. Also, if inflammation persists for long periods of time, it can predispose your dog to other diseases, even possibly to some forms of cancer. In this guide to pain and inflammation in pets, learn about the associated conditions, the causes, symptoms and treatment.
2) Conditions associated with Pain & Inflammation
Sometimes inflammation is obvious usually due to an exterior, visible injury or infection but sometimes the injury is internal and so it’s harder to diagnose because you can’t physically see it. Some of these hard to see inflammatory conditions such as Arthritis, Inflammatory bowel disease, Dermatitis, Glomerulonephritis are as listed below. Here lists just some of the major conditions and ailments associated with Pain & Inflammation.
Immune Mediated Disease
Inflammatory bowel disease
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
Intervertebral Disc Disease (IVDD)
Customer Testimonials Pain & Inflammation
Check out what our customers are saying about Holistapet and how it helped reduce their pet’s Pain and Inflammation from Arthritis, Pancreatitis, Bronchitis, Muscle Spasms and more!
No more NSAIDs, No more side effects
My vet has been prescribing my dog metacam for her inflammation and aspirin for pain but those drugs have been just giving her the worst side effects that I can't go on seeing her suffer (diarrhea, nausea, fatigue) so we decided to...READ MORE→
My dog was diagnosed with chronic arthritis
My dog Stacy has been showing signs of arthritis and joint pain over the last 6 months. We took her to the local vet and she was so tensed up that I thought something was wrong like a broken bone...READ MORE→
My dog got diagnosed with arthritis in her legs
Hi my name is Julie and I’ve had my dog Zoie for 12 years ever since she was a puppy. I love her as my child. We moved to North Carolina from Florida 2 years ago and I can see...READ MORE→
Helps inflammation and joint problems from surgery
Nina has always been energetic and playful throughout her 11 years of existence. She loves to run circles in the backyard, chase lizards and squirrels. When she was 8 she got in another fight with another dog in front of...READ MORE→
Using it for chemotherapy side effects
I have been using Holistapet CBD treats to treat the side effects of chemo for my dog. I have learned that CBD has the same effects in humans as it does in animals. Pets are born with the same endocanpabidol...READ MORE→
Helped with my dog’s arthritis pain
My dog's pain from arthritis has been a problem he wakes up every morning an looks like Frankenstein because his bones and shoulders are all cramped up. After taking Holistapet's CBD treats for about a week the arthritis started dissipating...READ MORE→
3) What causes Pain and Inflammation in your pet?
Exterior injuries such as rashes, cuts, bites, dermatitis, skin conditions, ingrown nails, and sores cause pain and inflammation. Pain and inflammation occurs more common due to interior injuries or conditions such as arthritis, pancreatitis, inflammatory joint disease, and panosteitis. When there is interior tissue or bone damage, the body naturally inflames in attempt to heal itself. Without inflammation your pet’s injuries would never heal.
4) What are the symptoms of Pain and Inflammation?
Symptoms of Pain and inflammation are: swelling and redness around the effected area. If the joints are inflamed then you will see them be less mobile. Other symptoms of joint pain & inflammation include mild limping or stiffness, weight gain, losing interest in attention and playing, seeming less alertness and sleeping more, weary to jump on the bed and less excited to jump on you, more cautious when climbing up stairs. It is this type of behavior can mean that your dog is developing arthritis or some type of joint inflammation condition.
5) How to treat Pain and Inflammation naturally in your pet
Lots of exercise, minimal stress, healthy body weight and great nutrition are all key factors contributing to reducing your pet’s pain and inflammation. Weather it’s Arthritis, Inflammatory bowel disease, Dermatitis, Glomerulonephritis, it is important that we look at the root of the problem first.
Poor diet is the main cause of inflammation that over time if not dealt with leads to arthritis, not to mention this can lead to 100’s of other poor health conditions. Below are some things you can do to naturally battle the source of your pet’s pain and inflammation.
- Illiminating processed foods, drugs and toxins is the first step to treating your dog for pain & inflammation associated with arthritis and other chronic pain conditions. Rid of processed foods containing wheat, spelt or soy. Kick those food additives and preservatives to the curb. Say no to processed sugar, GMOs (genetically modified foods ), dairy and meat from stressed out caged factory based animals.
- Fix the fat problem. Both Omega-3’s and Omega-6’s are important to regulate your dog’s immune system. Omega-6 fats trigger inflammation while the Omega-3 fats work to reduce inflammation. When together they balance each other out unless they are thrown by the foods we decide to feed our loved pets. When this balance is thrown off the outcome over time will result in conditions like arthritis. If you feed your pet any animal meat products make are that they are labeled cage free or grass fed. This will help lower inflammation as a whole. And add when possible Omega-3’s to balance out the good fats within their diets.
- More Antioxidants. Free radicals are tiny dangerous substances that build up from inflammation. Antioxidants can stop these radicals from damaging cells. Antioxidants can also help prevent heart disease, cancer, and immune problems. They clean the crap that your pet’s body that has left behind from poor diets. This makes them the perfect choice when it comes to fighting arthritis and other common conditions caused by inflammation. Many wild blueberries like goji berries and cranberries are great antioxidants. Many herbs like Turmeric, cumin, ginger, oregano, basil, and cinnamon are all high in antioxidants as well.
- And of coarse check out our own CBD Dog Treats with Pain & Inflammation Relief . These are specially formulated dog treats with Turmeric Root and Boswellia to increase strength in joints and reduce the pain and inflammation caused by arthritis and other conditions associated with pain & inflammation. These unique ingredients combined with other key superfoods like Hemp Seed Powder and Pure CBD Oil are vital for helping your dog maintain good joint cell structure and mobility.
Concluding my guide to pain and inflammation in pets: These simple steps can help you assess the center of your problem. Follow these rules and you will see great results. When it comes to inflammation and pain conditions like arthritis now you know how to take care of it naturally and easily without throwing away money buying expensive joint supplements and NSAIDS that might not even work as this only will mask the real problem.
More Articles Relating to Pain & Inflammation
Read other articles related to Pain & Inflammation, how to treat and how to prevent after reading this guide to pain and inflammation in pets.
CBD Buyers Guide - Buying CBD Oil For Dogs & Cats CBD oil for dogs has been gaining popularity lately…
Best Anti Itch for Dogs - Natural Remedies Are you concerned about your dog’s itching? Does it have red,…
Using CBD Oil for Dogs Arthritis & Joint Pain When a dog becomes old, mobility becomes a problem. There…
Natural Anti Inflammatory for Dogs with Arthritis When your dog was younger there wasn't much that got in the way…
Looking for a good source of CBD treats for dogs with arthritis? If so then please read on. Arthritis is a…